When the first Squirrel Cage hit store shelves, we were treated to an amazing set of new features.
We were treated with a new level of depth and excitement, with a number of new modes and a new game mode.
We also saw the arrival of new characters, some of which we were introduced to in the previous games.
But this is only a small part of what’s been announced in the past few months.
In June, a new character called Kitten made its way to the game, joining our already existing Rabbids.
On July 3rd, we saw a new mode for Rabbids: The Curse of the Claw, which brought together the previously-mentioned “Rabbid” mode, the “Meltdown” mode and the “Curse” mode.
On August 23rd, it was announced that a new feature would arrive in September: a new challenge called “The Cage”.
The Cage is an epic new game, which combines Rabbids and a whole new world, complete with the ability to summon other Rabbids, which are essentially a Rabbid boss and the ability for the player to use the power of their imagination.
This new game will be available for free on the App Store, but as you can see, it’s not quite as simple as it sounds.
There are five main areas, which will be unlocked at the end of each week.
You’ll be able to play through each one by completing all five challenges, with the exception of the final one, which is unlocked by completing the game for the first time.
As you’ll know from our reviews of Rabbids 3, there are a few things to keep in mind while playing the game.
1) The cage is not an obstacle, but an obstacle to jump through, as you’ll need to get the right balance of speed and agility to progress.
2) You will be able use the “Dive” mode to slow down time to try and reach the end, but it’s unlikely that you’ll have time to do that before the end.
3) If you’re a fan of jumping around and collecting all the powerups, the game is not as challenging as you may have hoped.
4) The game is going to have a bit of a limited lifespan, which can make it difficult to find and catch every new creature.
5) There’s a few extra modes, which include the classic Rabbids mode, a mode where you can control a Rabbit, and a “Shoot-Out” mode where the player can take on an enemy in a “brawl”.
So what are the other modes?
There is a “Duck” mode that takes place in a rabbit-infested jungle, where you’ll be shooting rabbits.
“Jump-Over” mode is a new multiplayer mode, where the players are taking control of a bunny that has gone through the Cage, and you’ll aim to make it through the maze.
Also, there is “Cage”, which is a mode that is very similar to “Jump- Over”, but the goal is to get through as quickly as possible.
These are the first three modes to arrive on the market, but there are still some more to come, so be sure to keep an eye out for more news!
The Rabbids have been a constant staple of Nintendo gaming for years, and this game brings them to a whole different level.
They will definitely be a staple for many players, and they are also a fantastic addition to the platform.
Thanks for reading!
Check out our reviews and let us know what you think in the comments below!
Have you played the game?
If so, what are your thoughts on the modes?
What’s your favourite mode?
Let us know in the comment section below!